woensdag 2 februari 2011

THE SHAPE OF LIVE



=======================================================

Smithsonian are making statements they did not make in their original contact with me. I do not agree with the reasons they have given for asking me to take down the videos. The request from Smithsonian was not I re-upload the videos in better quality, or change the titles to give them credit, or to add links to their Youtube channel and website, the request was the videos be removed. The quality of the videos was equal to that of the videos on their website (that's where I got them from). If Smithsonian intended me to re-upload them in better quality, Where am I to get the videos in better quality from? Smithsonian were credited on the video its self along with the speaker in a water mark. I did not credit them in the title as the titles would have looked like this: "Hobbits on Flores Indonesia (Homo Floresiensis) Smithsonian Museum of Natural History" This is to long for a title. I did tamper with one of the videos but why was I asked to take down the other video which had not been tampered with? The videos I uploaded are no longer available on YouTube as Smithsonian have not taken the time to upload the videos to their Youtube channel. If I was aware of their YouTube channel I would have linked it with annotations and links in the description, as I have done with the Nature videos I have uploaded. In honesty I am not concerned about taking down the videos, I am mainly disappointed Smithsonian have asked me to remove my back ground image from WhyEvolutionIsTrue & WhyEvolutionIsTrue2. I have requested permission for the images through the link given by their attorney, the response reads: "Thank you for requesting permission to use one of the images on our website for commercial purposes. We will reply to your inquiry as soon as possible" Why has the attorney given me a link to gain permission for commercial purposes? I am not making money from this channel. I hope an attorney does not contact me from NASA asking me to remove my current background image. I never intended to deal with bureaucracy, I just want to upload videos. I have nothing more to say on this matter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten